Saturday, July 4, 2015

STYLES COME TOGETHER




So if you had not noticed by now, one of my favorite shows about New York would have to be Gossip Girl. Now personally, my style is very much inspired by Blair Waldorf. Her classical, yet unique style is unforgettable and to this day I still look back at her outfits for some style inspiration. In addition, there was another character's style that stood out to me. Obviously that character was Jenny Humphrey, and even thought her style was the complete opposite of Blair's style, she became a style inspiration for me. Jenny's style was edgy and dark, yet she still managed to look like a model walking down a runway. So, for this week's post I thought to myself, why not base it on two polar opposite styles coming together.
This is a handbag I purchased a while ago, and to me this bag resembles both Jenny's and Blair's style. The nude color resembles Blair's pure style. And, the silver studs along with the dark black color resembles Jenny's style. The thing that stood out the most about this bag was that no style was overshadowed by the other because there was a balance between the two different styles. Furthermore, the reason I wanted to talk about this topic was because I wanted to prove that it's always okay to experiment with different styles. I'll admit it, I use to be scared of what others would think if I wore all black. I would fear that I would be called goth or emo. So, my advise to everyone is to dare to dress how you want. Style should have no limits because of labels. So if you want to dress like Blair, then dress like Blair. And if you want to dress like Jenny, then dress like Jenny. However, if you want to dabble into a new style, then go ahead. Finding a balance between two styles that you like can be hard, but once you find it, you'll be setting new trends. 
 

Have a great weekend and don't be afraid of trying other styles that interest you.